Frequently Asked Questions
Can I park nearby?
- We have a undercover car parking available for clients. Please enter from the Collins Street side of the building (Google maps location 100 Collins St, Alexandria NSW). Look for the parking signed "Plus Fitness". We share the driveway entry with COOH Cafe.
Can I use private health insurance?
- Physiotherapy is covered by most health funds under "Extras" cover. If you do have "Extras" make sure you bring along your card and you will be able to claim on the spot. Then you only end up paying the gap between what your health fund covers and what is charged. If you are unsure if you have "Extras" please check with your insurer to see if you are covered for physiotherapy.
Is physio covered by Medicare?
- Medicare will cover some physiotherapy treatment for some people under the Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) Program. If you are eligible for this your GP will write you a referral and a care plan and you may be able to access physiotherapy services in this manner.
Do I need a referral from a doctor?
- You do not need a referral from a doctor for most situations - however there are exceptions to this rule, such as injuries covered by workers compensation or the motor vehicle accident scheme, or medicare funded treatment.
How long are appointments?
- Inital appointments are around 45 minutes and we ask that you arrive 5 minutes early to complete your information form. Follow up sessions are around 25-30 minutes although this may vary with complex treatments or if you are using the gym to perform some exercise based rehabilitation.
Is there a waiting list?
- We do not have a waiting list and make a point of trying to see you the same day that you call. If you have a serious injury or there is a reason that you need to be seen immediately please notify our reception staff and they will do their best to accommodate this.
What should I wear?
- Loose comfortable clothing in most cases. Your physiotherapist will need to observe the injured or symptomatic region. We have changing rooms if you want to bring a change of clothes. it is also useful to bring any shoes such as running shoes if you have an injury associated with running as we will often want to assess you running on our treadmill.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- If you have relevant X-rays or scans (CT, US or MRI) these may be useful for the Physiotherapists to view.
What are your payment terms?
- Payment must be made on the day.
- Credit card or EFTPOS. Please note we do not accept cash payments without prior arrangement.
- If you have private health insurance with "extras" physiotherapy will almost certainly be covered. Just remember to bring your membership chard on the day and we can claim your benefit on the spot the the HiCaps private health fund system. In most cases there will be a gap (difference between what your heath fund will pay and the total cost). You can pay the gap using credit card or EFTPOS. If you do not have private health insurance you just pay for the consult outright.
What sort of injuries do physios treat?
- Physiotherapists have University degrees in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. By this we mean any injury or symptoms to any part of your muscular system - such as sprains, strains, muscle or tendon tears, or to your skeletal system such as after you have had a fracture or surgery and need to get back to your normal ability to move and function.
- Our Physiotherapists have extra post-graduate degrees at masters level in musculoskeletal injuries so you are guaranteed you are in good hands.
- If you want to speak to one of the Physiotherapists about your injury call 1300 787 254 and ask our receptionist and someone will call you back to discuss. Alternatively contact us with your questions.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use. We recommend that you seek individual advice before acting on any information in this site. We have made every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct at the time of publication but recommend that you exercise your own skill and care with respect to its use. If you wish to purchase our services, please do not rely solely on the information in this website.